New York’s appetite for natural gas is increasing as consumers continue to phase out the use of heavy fuel oils. That is why critical infrastructure projects like Northeast Supply Enhancement, a $1 billion investment in the region, are vital to securing continued emission reductions, promoting economic development, and improving the reliability of New York’s natural gas delivery network.
I support the Northeast Supply Enhancement Project due to the many benefits outlined below:
- Increases service to National Grid and its customers;
- Provide reliable supply of economical natural gas;
- Continue to help NYC meet its clean air goals;
- Creates jobs for local laborers;
- Drive millions of dollars in new wages;
- Has the potential to displace nearly 16 million tons of CO2 annually - the equivalent of removing 3 million passenger cars from the roadways - annually.
The Northeast Supply Enhancement Project is worthy of support and should be approved for construction. I urge all decision makers to support this project and approve its permits without delay.