New York’s appetite for natural gas is increasing as consumers continue to phase out the use of heavy fuel oils. That is why critical infrastructure projects like Northeast Supply Enhancement, a $1 billion investment in the region, are vital to securing continued emission reductions, promoting economic development, and improving the reliability of New York’s natural gas delivery network.
I support the Northeast Supply Enhancement Project due to the many benefits outlined below:
- Increases service to National Grid and its customers;
- Provide reliable supply of economical natural gas;
- Continue to help NYC meet its clean air goals;
- Creates jobs for local laborers;
- Drive millions of dollars in new wages;
- Has the potential to displace nearly 16 million tons of CO2 annually - the equivalent of removing 3 million passenger cars from the roadways - annually.
The Northeast Supply Enhancement Project is worthy of support and should be approved for construction. I urge all decision makers to support this project and approve its permits without delay.
*Your signature will be submitted in support of Northeast Supply Enhancement to such regulatory bodies as the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC), New York Department of Environmental Conservation (NYDEC), New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection (NJDEP) and Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection (PADEP), as well as legislative bodies.